Friday, October 23, 2009

When they did meet again...

“I have never been able to forget anyone I’ve been with because each person has their own qualities, you can never replace anyone. What is lost is lost. Each relationship when it ends really damages me. I haven’t fully recovered, that’s why I am very careful with getting involved because it hurts too much…even getting laid. I actually don’t do that much."


I miss some of the most mundane things like I’m obsessed with little things, maybe I’m crazy. When I was little, my mom always told me I was late to school and she followed to see why. I was looking at chestnuts falling from tress and rolling on the sidewalk or ants crossing the road or the way a leaf casts a shadow on a tree trunk. I think it’s the same with people. I see little details so specific that move and that I miss and I always will miss. You can never replace anyone for such specific beautiful details like I remember how your beard has a little bit of red in it and how the sun made it glow before you left”


- The character of Celine (Juliane Delphie) to Jesse (Ethan Hawke) in the film ‘After Sunset’ when they meet for the second time after nine years.

No comments: