Sunday, September 26, 2010

***Pachelbel Canon***




Almost three weeks ago, I was sitting under a dimly lit dome, its ceilings adorned with stain glass frescoes tinged red and black. It was my first day at Central Park West that day....and as they played Pachelbel Canon, I found myself rooted to my spot. I couldn't breathe and I wasn't aware of the 40 odd people gathered around those student musicians.......



The music rose to a crescendo and I was suddenly conscious of how much I belonged to a moment which I could not have, a moment in an alternate universe where you stood by me here at CPW on a cold Saturday evening... an evening we could have had no matter how tough the distance would have proved....perhaps if you hadn't given up and said good bye. And as goosebumps made their way onto my skin, a tear and then more rolled down my cheek. You were miles away so I took out my phone to just have you share that moment with me. It didn't matter that you didn't see this work ...it didn't matter




But I made that call half-way through and put my cell phone away......not knowing if you would understand or even try to.....


No comments: