Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ode to a loss

For you my friend..... for you my friend
Speeding through the freeways
Cheesy rap songs
Long drives through a city's neon lights

For you my friend...for you my friend
Flowers that brought on a smile
Car washes infused with sheer fright
Soupy garlic laden food munched in delight

For you my friend...for you my friend
Action flicks never watched before
Fruity white wine over long hours
Nights home wasn't nice to return to alone

For you my friend...for you my friend
I drove with courage and laughed out loud
I pushed my way through unknown crowds
And saw a city unlike before

For you my friend... for you my friend
Yogurt is no longer just passe
Songs on the radio seem more than just a tune
And driving around has become an excuse to look out for you 




No comments: