Saturday, March 17, 2018

When your verse spoke my mind.....

"Psst, can you hear it?
Not the sound of hustle and bustle,
Nor the sound of leaves rustle,
But the silent voice of the me in your ear,
Whispering how much I love you,
How much I want you - how much I need you,
Together, let’s blow this pitiful dream of success,
This dream of achievement in a society that’s meaningless,
And travel to lands frozen in times of peace,
Where the soul may flourish, not politics or greed,

For like all things living, struggling to find meaning,
Ours is each other, to love, live, dance and sing,
Not worrying, but welcoming what life may bring,
In a cottage on a hill, or a shack on a beach,
With it’s cats, dogs, rabbits and sheep,
Our home will be this world, our castle - our sheets,
Change will be our constant, just like you and me"

- D. 

No comments: